POLL: On a $20 take out order, how much would you tip? Take out order means going into the restaurant to pickup the food, not delivery.?

17 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

Feck all Its takeaway

• pmt853
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

I would not tip at all in that situation. Here in the UK we have minimum wage laws and expect staff to be paid reasonably, most of us tip only for extra good service.

• Ontol
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

I always give the same tip. Wash your genitals every day.

• Bob
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

I would not tip at all

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Kate
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Nil.

• 6 months ago

It depends. If the restaurant is a take-out restaurant, I don't tip. If it's a sit-down restaurant that will accommodate take-out requests, I would tip 15% (or $3 in this specific case). Employees at the exclusively-take-out restaurant would be paid a regular wage while the one at the sit-down restaurant may be getting the much-lower tipped-wage rate.

• car253
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

10%. The workers still only get minimum wage and can use the extra help of a couple dollars. it adds up. Plus they give you a better pizza.

• Erik
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

So after you tip, they will somehow make your pizza better? How do they do that?

• 6 months ago

I don't tip at all for take out food. Tips are for table service.

I tip around 20% for good table service. If I have to get my own food (say, a buffet) I will tip 10% if there's wait staff who take away plates, refill your drink, etc.

• 6 months ago

Nothing

Lv 7
    6 months ago

There's no delivery driver and no waiter or waitress involved, so I probably would not tip at all. Tips are for quality service. You can't know how good the food was until you get home and eat it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.