POLL: On a $20 take out order, how much would you tip? Take out order means going into the restaurant to pickup the food, not delivery.?

Feck all Its takeaway

• pmt853

I would not tip at all in that situation. Here in the UK we have minimum wage laws and expect staff to be paid reasonably, most of us tip only for extra good service.

• Ontol

I always give the same tip. Wash your genitals every day.

• Bob

I would not tip at all

• Kate

Nil.

It depends. If the restaurant is a take-out restaurant, I don't tip. If it's a sit-down restaurant that will accommodate take-out requests, I would tip 15% (or $3 in this specific case). Employees at the exclusively-take-out restaurant would be paid a regular wage while the one at the sit-down restaurant may be getting the much-lower tipped-wage rate.

• car253

10%. The workers still only get minimum wage and can use the extra help of a couple dollars. it adds up. Plus they give you a better pizza.

• Erik

So after you tip, they will somehow make your pizza better? How do they do that?

I don't tip at all for take out food. Tips are for table service.

I tip around 20% for good table service. If I have to get my own food (say, a buffet) I will tip 10% if there's wait staff who take away plates, refill your drink, etc.

Nothing

• .

There's no delivery driver and no waiter or waitress involved, so I probably would not tip at all. Tips are for quality service. You can't know how good the food was until you get home and eat it.