Sal asked in TravelAsia PacificChina · 6 months ago

Has any US Citizens had any issues leaving China due to the issues the US and China are having?

I have an upcoming trip to Beijing in Nov/2019.

I was reading on the travel Advisory the United stated issued about traveling to China.

I read about the Exit ban China may enforce on US citizens.

Has any had any US citizens had any issues with leaving China?

Don't bother after what China has done to Canada

• I would avoid the trip if you can. The risk is too high. As you have seen China has detained and arrested Canadian citizens because of its conflict with Canada. People's Republic of China is too dangerous to go to imho.

The only exit bans that I have heard of involving US citizens were US citizens of Chinese descent, or related to one.

I have travelled to China multiple times without issue.

It depends on that airport's immigration officials. Some officials do not like USA and may pose trouble for the tourist.

Can you go to another country instead?

My friend (from Asia) had a lot of problem at immigration in China and the official scolded him and made things difficult for him.

China people are well known for being difficult people on the whole planet Earth, but they are among the most hardworking in the whole earth.

• sam

talk to a travel agent. Thousand of US tourists go to china with no problem. If you are chinese or married one, you might have a problem. China uses exit bans to force U.S. citizens, usually of Chinese heritage, to cooperate in investigations or to coerce their relatives in America to return to China