Anonymous

Why chefs and bakers are mostly males? Do most of the females are distracted to cook/bake the order in the restaurants?

1 year ago

This isn't true at all. Maybe more FAMOUS ones are male. You'll have to ask the people who made them famous.

• John
    1 year ago

I've heard it said that much of it comes from the traditions of French cuisine. High restaurants, elegant dining and culinary schools were a male club for a century or more. That has changed greatly and continues to change. Watch the competitions on the Food Network - at least half of the chefs are women.

• 1 year ago

thats only true on television, not in real life and also depends on where you live.

I spent 25 years as a chef...there were both men and women doing both baking and cooking where ever I worked.

• patty
    1 year ago

it can be a heavy job maybe

• ckngbbbls
      1 year agoReport

Heavy job??? Ever drag a 34-40 pound toddler out of the store when they want to stay? Or handle the groceries and kids?? Women have been doing heavy jobs since time immortal.

• Clive
    1 year ago

Perhaps you could ask a question in English.

• Ben
    1 year ago

Well it's more of a strictly work/job type thing whereas the woman "tend the house" and so might more likely be the host/hostesses or whatever in a restaurant environment, something that involves more chatting and socializing.

• Ben
      1 year agoReport

A couple hours...funny, the Chinese restaurant I worked at yesterday had a woman that greeted the customers with a man in back cooking the food. My answer stands.

• 1 year ago

Luck of the draw on gender.

In some cultures, men do the cooking. In the US, it's primarily women.

So... it depends on that too.