my 2000 ford focus sohc, the top radiator hose is leaking?

the top radiator hose that connects to the water pump has an issue with coolant spraying out. It will be fine or a couple days than when I park the car and shut it off 5 min later coolant sprays out. Or if I'm driving it for more than 40- mins it might leak out while I'm driving it. I don't understand why its doing that I have no overheating issue the hose is new and I have a worm drive clamp and its tight on the hose.

• zipper

So go buy a new one and replace it fool!

we have a pressure issue. hence long drive. it leaks under pressure and heat . when stopped after a short journey an engine still gives of latent heat . hence hose pipes suddenly failing when pulling up at lights and stationary for a minuet or two as that heat 'surge' pressurises coolant system. form sound of description we have a small leakage past joint. often occurs when we have corrosion /scored section where a minute leak can occur under pressure . a garage can. check and sort easily enough.

• bo

well find a repair shop and have it repaired

If coolant is spraying out, the hose is not tight enough or not pushed up enough along the barb, or the barb may be corroded (but you would have hopefully spotted that when you swapped out the hose).

• Kenny

Well Danial, fix the leak . That will solve the issue .

Great question,

So replace it.