Seth asked in SportsRunning · 6 months ago

Can someone still run fast if they weigh 205 pounds?

I weighed 230 pounds at once. Yes I did. I began to run. No I was not fast at the time. However once I got into running properly and added more distance then I began to loose weight. Then I gained to be more quick.

Yea. I run 5.2 miles in 38 minutes and I weigh 238.

• .

Sure. Some of the fastest men ever have weighted that much (Usain Bolt, as another user mentioned). Weight doesn't have as much bearing on speed as fitness and health do. You can weigh over 200 lbs and be VERY fit or VERY unfit, depending on your height, body composition, general health, etc.

No if you are fat and short. If you are tall and muscular, you can still run faster than most people

Jamal Lewis was 250 pounds and in his prime, could outrun DBs who had an angle on him.

Yes.

Sprinting requires muscles that generate a lot of power -- rapid release of energy -- to push against the running surface, and to quickly move the limbs into position for the next stride. To do this, it helps to have strong fast twitch muscles.

• Adam D

Adrian Peterson is pretty fast at 220...

Yes ... especially downhill .

I didn't used to think so but I met a man that's a world-class tennis pro 6 foot 4 and more than 200 lb and he can play and teach tennis good God I'm glad the man is a gentle giant because if a six foot four person got mad at you and to play tennis he could run you down and whoop your *** you could never get away from him

• .

Yes. Usain Bolt weighs 207 pounds. And he's the fast human who ever lived.