Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceFinancial Aid · 6 months ago

How to move out?

My parents have always shoved college down my throat, telling me to get a degree. I don't even know what I want to study. As a result, I feel like ive wasted two years and thousands of dollars and I just want to get out. I don't have anything in the bank, ive spent all my money trying to pay student loans and haven't had the extra cash to get an apartment or even a car. My credit is horrible because I haven't been able to keep up with my payments because I've only been able to work weekends. I just want out asap and I dont know where to start.

Figure out what it is you wanna do. That's the most important thing you can do. Once you figure it out do that. It took me years to figure out that i wanna become a personal trainer. Now I'm doing that. I was going to school for business but i dont business. I love marketing though it's really fun like a game. Student loans will mess you up. If anything go to trade school. Your life is your life don't lead it into dank submission. My parents wanted me to become an archeologist and if i did i would've been in a lot of debt with nothing to show for it. Don't listen to your parents unless you wanna finish. Life sucks sometimes but you gotta get through it.

All you can do is work and save money.

College is a scam

Getcha stuff and dip honestly

• Annie

see if you can get an associates degree with the 2 years of college you have. Then perhaps your parents would be more amenable to letting you take a break before going for a Bachelor's degree. Or to just stop with the Associate's degree. It would give you a little breathing room with trying to get your existing loans paid off, too.

Join the Marines and serve your country. The time in the Marines will be good for you, you'll grow up, you'll become fit, you'll learn to be a man, and when you come out, you'll have a better view of life. You may even decide to make it a career. When you retire you'll have a pension and will still be able to get a full-time job doing something in the public domain.

• di

Speak to your parents about college - explain that you feel you are wasting time & resources. Go out there into the world and find a job or two, or join the military or National Guard while you figure out what you want to do. Once you have an actual goal, you can then plan how best to obtain your goal... it may involve more college or obtaining a certificate of some sort, or it may not.

Meanwhile, have your student loans placed in an income-based repayment plan. If you make a low salary, your payments would be low - but these plans do NOT prevent you from making additional payments to principle when you can. If you do not need a car, don't get one. If you cannot afford an apartment, either move back with the folks for a few months while you save some $$, or find a job that provides room & board - there are plenty out there (from cruise ships to oil rigs to fishing boats)

You need a job, and savings.

The savings will pay your deposit and first month's rent; your income will ensure you can continue to pay rent thereafter.

Without these 2 things, no landlord will rent to you.

After HS and 4 years military I got a job in a sales office. Learned the ropes and moved up to a larger firm. After 10 years became outside salesman until teamed up with a fellow employee and formed a competitive company. Sold it to two employees and retired. All involved were HS grads only. It may not be the road for everyone but it was highly successful for me. I’m a strong believer in “on the job training.” It can be done!

Well, you'll need money, that's certain. Bad credit will only increase the amount of cash you'll need to rent an apartment, buy a car, or finance something. Depending on where you live, you'll need to save anywhere from $3,000-10,000.

It's not as difficult as it may seem, but you have to work at it. No one hands it to you.