Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysHalloween · 6 months ago

Why do people celebrate Halloween?

It's so unsafe for kids ( so dark & creepy) & they can get cavities from ALL of that candy.

Update:

I agree with the best answer.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

Stupidity

• 5 months ago

Because its f ucking badass my bday is right before halloween

• 6 months ago

Because most people love it

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Halloween is a combination of many cultures and is still modified by new influences. Most of all, it is a lot of fun. It's a great holiday for kids and adults enjoy it too.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

Because we grew up Trick or Treating and loving every minute of it.

Plus, it's tons of fun.

• David
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Kids get to play pretend, dress up in costumes, and consume coma-inducing amounts of candy. Adults use it as an excuse to have parties, watch scary movies, and also consume coma-inducing amounts of candy. Win-win for everyone.

• susan
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

When your whole life is structured and you live by many rules, it is psychologically healthy to have a designated time when you shake off all the rules and do the opposite or whatever feels free for one night. Halloween was a fun release of stress even when I was a kid in the 70's. Kids need it now more than ever.

• 6 months ago

because for so many years people weren't scared like all the snowflakes we have today

• marty
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

It's just fun

• 6 months ago

Because they want to. If you don't want to, don't. Most people realize that the witchcraft and ghosts and "creepy" stuff are just make-believe for entertainment purposes.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.