Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingNewborn & Baby · 2 years ago

Is it possible to get postpartum depression 2 months after giving birth?

I love my son more than anything in the world but I’m starting to regret my decision of keeping him. I’m just kind of sick of being a parent especially since I’m a single mom. I just miss my life before I was pregnant because I had no responsibilities and I could just focus on my life and getting my life together. I wasn’t like this until the last month. I have a lot of help of raising him because my parents are helping me out a lot but I just regret my decision of keeping him. Again I love him to death but I just wish my old life.. and it makes it more harder because my parents keep saying how they love him so much and they’re glad I kept him..

• LizB
    Favorite Answer

It can be considered PPD if it occurs anytime in the first year postpartum.

You're not alone in how you feel. Even couples who have been married for years and very much planned for and wanted their kids can feel like, "What did we do!?!" after the birth of a child. It's a huge, HUGE adjustment that affects pretty much every aspect of your life. If you haven't already, I'd suggest trying to find some support groups for new moms in your area. Also talk to your doctor about how you feel, but finding a good group of other moms who are going through similar struggles can be a good, safe place to air tough emotions, as well as give you a chance to get to know other moms with kids you child's age.

• Becky

We all feel that way from time to time! Having a baby is a huge change. You are that little persons whole world! What a wonderful thing and a huge scary thing. That's amazing you have help. Maybe go out and do something for yourself once a week. Be kind to yourself. Talk to your dr about you emotions so they dont get out of control but what your describing most of us go through.

• ?

Yes it is possible, perhaps you should talk to your GP about it.

Your not alone as many have gone through that themselves.