Why are there Playstation controllers shaped like Xbox controllers?

Update:

Why are there third party Playstation controllers in the shape and design layout to that of an Xbox controller? Are people really struggling to adapt that they had to make this?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Albert
    Lv 5
    6 months ago

Where's your logic coming from? PlayStation existed before Xbox joined the rat race with the video game industry. So, who copied who. Does anybody really care?

So this is still here? How about you work on your lack of trolling skills.

• 6 months ago

Because some people who are switching from Xbox to Playstation prefer the feel of the Xbox controllers, mainly because they are more used to it

• opurt
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

I find the Xbox controller layout far more comfortable that the Dual Shock. Why bother spending any time adapting when I can simply buy a controller that I like and use that instead.

• zeno
    Lv 6
    7 months ago

I don't know I prefer the early playstation

Controller that were gloss black with 4

Creases In the thumb controller but no

Rubber on them and a longer cord. But

They just stopped making them. I'm looking

For controllers like these but they are hard

To find. Once you find something you like

Buy more than one because the company

Will just stop making them. I love old kawasaki

550 zephers but again the company stopped

Making them. I used to ride these faster than

The 1100 and 1200 I also owned. They were

Just way more fun to ride. Smaller and lighter

And faster around the curvy roads in east

Tennessee. Buy it while you can and enjoy

Life.

• Smeg7 months agoReport

I have to agree with buying more than one of what you like it's the exact same scenario with this gaming headset the company went bankrupt so now it's hard to find an exact replacement luckily for myself i got lucky on Ebay not so long ago.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Ducky
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Same reason why there are 3rd party PlayStation shaped controllers for the Xbox. To cater to people who prefer the other shape

• Smeg7 months agoReport

Well i guess if these companies have made a market in it and found their customers i can't fault them for that.

• 7 months ago

Because... it is easy to replicate. The PlayStation controller is too difficult to clone. Things that are impossible to mimic are usually more superior. (PS master race here)

• deephollow7 months agoReport

Not sure exactly. But I like to stick to buying things from the official source. If I wanted a new PlayStation controller, I would go to their website.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.