Boeing asked in TravelSpainOther - Spain · 6 months ago

Have US passport! Tax debt of $2,000, going to spain in a week for a week ? Will spain let me in if i take over $1200 with me to spend?

• John P

If I has a debt of $2000 to any person or organisation I would not be buying a flight and spending "holiday money". Get a grip on your priorities.

• Bill

Perhaps you should stay home and pay your tax debt.

• Etta

As long as you have your passport and visa they wont know about your debt and wont care about $1200 which is around £940 which should be enough for you to survive in Spain for a week

• Boeing6 months agoReport

Thank you ! Can IRS report it to US Border Control? And US wont let me fly?

Spanish Border Agent will decide if you may pass based on many things.

Waving your wallet and Passport are just two items and not a guaranteed entrance.

• John P

I assume a troll. With a debt of $2,000 for any reason you should not be going anywhere which costs money.

• Joseph

Ask yourself: How would the Spanish authorities know about your tax debt and why would they care?

Spain doesn't know about your tax debt.

• Greg

Why not?