Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicCelebrities · 9 months ago

Why are there same actors that always seem to be in a lot of movies?

I thought I heard that actors lifespan is about 40 years, after 40, finding roles gets harder and harder but some actors are still successful even way pass 40. A lot of actors who are always in a lot of movies are the usual like Tom Hanks, Mark Wahlberg, Leonardo Di Caprio, Matthew Mcconaughey, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Seth Rogen, Chirs Pratt, Matt Damon, Ben Affleck, Chris Hemsworth etc etc. and usual women actresses like Angelina Jolie, Natalie Portman, Jennifer Lawrence, Melissa McCarthy, Meryl Streep, Julia Roberts, Sandra Bullock, Jennifer Anniston, etc etc. I'm not suggesting these actors I mentioned don't have any talent, I think it's funny that they're all type cast and are very good at their type cast roles.

Also, minority actors like Will Smith, Morgan Freeman, Denzel Washington, Dwayne (the Rock) Johnson, Samuel L. Jackson, Halle Berry, Lupita Nyongo, Jennifer Hudson etc etc seem to be in everything. I know that some A list actors do both big and low budget films, but majority of the time, you always see the usual actors in big budget movies. It's like, a movie won't be successful or high quality enough without a big movie star in it.

I didn't mention asian stars because Jackie Chan isn't American and John Cho, Margaret Cho, Lucy Liu, and Jet Li would be considered B Actors. Even Crazy Rich Asians movie isn't enough to create asian movie stars, I'm not sure if any of those actors in that movie are considered movie stars yet.

1 Answer

Relevance
  • Ben
    Lv 6
    9 months ago
    Favorite Answer

They want to continue their acting career to show how famous they are for several decades.

• Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.