promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Why do people use atms that charge a fee?

I live in nyc and I see alot of people using those kind of atms that you find in corner delis and restaurants and other places that charge you an egregious amount just to use the machine, like over 2 dollars, plus the other bank fees that you have to pay. I pay for everything using my credit card, unless i go to a store that doesn't take them. Then I go to my bank, which is chase, and take out money, don't have to pay a penny to do so. I never ever use the machine that's located in the cash only store. Why do so many idiots use these kind of atms, when they could save a boat load of money a year by doing things the way I do them?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 months ago
    Favorite Answer

I don't use it... but I have a debit card that will refund up to $10 in fees per month. So If I used those ATMs it would be free for me.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Ben
    Lv 6
    10 months ago

Because sometimes that ATM is from a bank that is not their bank for their bank account and it can be more convenient depending on where they are.

• Ryan10 months agoReport

So they should go to an atm that is their bank, not very hard to find a branch

• Kathy
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

Because they do not want to the time to find one that does not charge a fee.

Thats why I only take out cash from my host bank, i don't pay a fee for that

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

Convenience. $2 or $3 may be worth not having to make a special trip to the bank for some people.

• ...Show all comments

And why would you go into a store without any cash, i always have a little cash on me from my host bank

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 months ago

I'm an Idiot that knows exactly how much it is to use the ATM at the corner store. However if I don't feel like going to my bank for cash I don't have a problem paying the extra $3.00.....my money, my choice.

• ...Show all comments

And why would you go into a store without any cash, i always have a little cash on me from my host bank

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

I did that a few times recently because I couldn't find a Bank of America. Just had to use my regular bank

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.