Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationHobbies & Crafts · 6 months ago

How would you explain the year 2009? What was it like for you?

Mostly I'm asking about the differences between 2019 and 2009. The only 2 things I can think of is 2009 had less uptight people and different tastes in hobbies

That was the year eminem released his comeback album Relapse and around the same time Drake and Nick I Minaj was found. Drake, Kanye, Lil Wayne and Eminem hopped on the same beat for Forever. Lil Wayne and Eminem collaborated on the songs No Love and Drop the World. This was also the same time everybody was talking about the Illuminati and how they killed Michael Jackson and thought everybody in Hollywood was affiliated with the Illuminati in some way. Pokemon Diamond and Pearl has been released for 2 years now and Platinum version was on its way. Yugioh 5d's was happening and synchro summons were so cool

• Stella

The economy was in the toilet in 2009.

That was the biggest difference.

• Bob

The technology was not as good as it is true, it's also true that the technology in 2009,was better than it was in 1999.

• Toruko

Democracy in 2009 Hobbies & Crafts was unappreciated.

Now our 2019 Hobbies & Crafts can see a looming abyss.

Which Anti-Democracy now has as Games & Recreation.

Readers decide by ballot and voice what you may fear.

Me? I'm a registered Democrat.

• drip

How have hobbies changed?

Biggest difference is technology.

I was a freshman in high school when it was 2009.

Let's see....

I remember Twilight was popular as a book and the last Harry Potter book had released. I got into Lightning Theif and Aragon. I spent a lot of time in Barns and Noble because there where good books around that time.

I had a IPod Nano 5th generation in silver. They were really popular back then. My sister had purple, my best friend had apple green, and my other friend had red. We would listen to each others iPods on trips. We had cell phones at the time. The IPod just seemed like a cooler CD player with motion sensors so, of course, it had games on it and each color had a different one. Mine, was a maze with a ball, and you had to avoid the holes in the maze :)

Playing guitar hero..... All. Day. Long.

Eating Dippin' Dots ice cream at the mall, my favorite was cookie dough. My school always went to this mall and I always had to get it when we go to our music competitions.

Much like our parents from the 80's we had our own hairstyle that defined this decade.

It was long and straight with side bangs. Most of the blonds in my class dyed their hair brown because of Twilight.

Nobody wanted to look like a nerd. Everyone wore contacts at all cost.

Henley shirts, or a deep v sweater with lacy cami shirt was in. Watch High school musical if you want an idea.

Still play video games, watch DVDs like I do today. Probably less so though.

I can't remember what I was doing or what it was like an hour ago let alone a decade ago.

better than 2019 wish I had a time machine to go back

I would explain it by pointing out that it was ten years ago. There was basically no technology back then.