What is this weird type of off-road racing in the UK with bouncy passengers?

I watched a TV show years ago that was about this certain type of off-road racing in the UK. Basically, they were racing on really muddy, rutted, slippery old tracks through woods and fields, everyone seemed to be using old MGs and Minis. Everyone had a passenger, usually a hefty wife, who helped by jumping up... show more I watched a TV show years ago that was about this certain type of off-road racing in the UK. Basically, they were racing on really muddy, rutted, slippery old tracks through woods and fields, everyone seemed to be using old MGs and Minis. Everyone had a passenger, usually a hefty wife, who helped by jumping up and down really hard in the passenger seat to get traction through the slippery mire. It looked hilarious and awesome, but I can t find any info about these nutters!
Update: They were rallying rather than racing each other, so going off at timed intervals.
1 answer 1