Anonymous asked in EnvironmentGreen Living · 1 year ago

Do you recycle your bottles from home?

Do you recycle for the sake of the environment

22 Answers

Relevance
  • Mr. P
    Lv 7
    11 months ago

Yes - I recycle my wine and beer bottles myself....and refill them with more wine and beer.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • F
    Lv 6
    12 months ago

I've just driven to the recycling centre with a load of glass but the bins were full so I have had to bring them home again. So glass not rectcled and CO2 produced for nothing.

• 1 year ago

Recycling Glass. Glass products should never be thrown in the garbage, it is often found in the recycling bin in the form of bottles and containers. ... You can bring used bottles to a local bottle depot and recycle them safely.

Hope this helps

• 1 year ago

Yes I do. I recycle not because I have to but because I want to. Our town does have a recycling program and does supply us with trash bins for the purpose of recycling.

Our town has spot inspections to be sure we are recycling correctly. If we are found to be not recycling properly, we get a warning notice taped to our recycle bin and that can is left for us to sort out ourselves. If it is a continuing issue, the town will not pick up our trash OR recycled materials.

But, I would recycle in any event. It just makes sense and besides which, recycled boxes, plastic and glass bottles and metal cans take up a lot of space in my kitchen trash can, so it is convenient to put those bulky items in another trash bin, leaving my kitchen trash can available for garbage.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 year ago

Where I live, glass that is "recycled" is trucked 150 miles away where it is crushed and used as fill, so no, I do not recycle glass. I reuse what I can and take the rest to the beach in the fall and break it on rocks to wear down into sea glass by spring. What paper and cardboard I get, I burn in my wood stove. I do recycle all metals though as it still is actually used. "Recycled" plastics are just burnt in the local waste to energy plant.

• ...Show all comments
    • it is i
      Lv 5
      11 months agoReport

As I said, I do it in the fall. Anyone walking on the "beach" (mostly rocks) after August better have boots on because the water will freeze their feet off.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

No because pretty much everything that's put in the recycling ends up in landfill anyway. It's just a left-wing virtue signalling scam.

• 1 year ago

Either recycle or reuse.

• 1 year ago

Yes. We have two garbage cans in the kitchen and one in the garage. One is for recycling as is the one in the garage. We also have two full-sized garbage cans that the waste company picks up separately.

• Mog
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

There isn’t a recycling center within a hundred miles.

• 1 year ago

Of course. But it's not really recycling that's going to make a difference, although of course that helps - it's not buying them in the first place that's really going to do something.

• I fully agree. If it can't be recycled or re-used then I don't buy it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.