Electoral College issue - If the GOP somehow were to dominate in CA, IL and NY, would the dem/libs STIL be in favor of eliminating it?

THAT........ is why our forefathers included the Electoral College concept in the Constitution!

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

I think the focus should be on defending the US constitution. The Democrats are attacking the 12th Amendment. So add that to the list of how the Democrats want to destroy our constitution.

They lost. The last thing we should do is allow sore losers to change the US constitution. They them cry as long as they want.

Source(s): bisexual Christian
  • 6 months ago

If the GOP somehow were to dominate in CA, IL and NY, then it wouldn't matter whether we had an electoral college or not, because they'd win the Presidential elections either way.

California is not part of why our forefathers included anything in the Constitution, because California was in a foreign country at the time, and was not expected to be a part of U.S. elections.

• James
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Yes. Unlike regressives, Democrats can win without the electoral college. Only Republicans are terrified of every citizen voting.

• Jolene
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

One person, One vote. A person's vote should not count more because of where they live. I would make this argument, no matter who it favored.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • L.N.
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

It wasn't so long ago that California was a Red state before the mass illegal immigration started.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

NO THEY WANTED THE ELECTORAL COLLEGE BECAUSE SLAVES GOT 3/5 OF A VOTE AND AN ELECTORAL COLLEGE WAS THE ONLY WAY TO RIG IT

BASICALLY THE ELECTORAL COLLEGE IS THE DICTATORSHIP OF THE EMPTY FLYOVER STATES

IT SUCKS MONEY OUT OF PRODUCTIVE BIG CITIES AND STEALS THE MONEY AND SHIPS IT TO NON ENTITIES LIKE ALASKA AND WYOMING AND MONTANA

IN EUROPE THEY TREAT THEIR BIG CITIES LIKE PRECIOUS JEWELS AND BUILD THEM UP

IN AMERICA ALL BIG CITIES WILL SOONER OR LATER DIE BECAUSE THE ELECTORAL COLLEGE VAMPIRES ALL THE MONEY FROM BIG CITIES AND SHIPS IT TO COW COUNTRY

• Lv 6
      6 months agoReport

LA City Schools- $7.59 BILLION dollar budget.

• -j.
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

The electoral college was originally instituted to benefit --you guessed it-- slaveholders. Its time has passed.

I want a popular vote; the Senate represents the states, let the President represent the people. If the GOP can win the popular vote, so be it.

• -j.
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

Bond: wrong, it was to benefit slaveholders:
      http://time.com/4558510/electoral-college-history-slavery/

Manitu: I think the electoral college is a bad system no matter who wins. I think popular vote is a better system no matter who wins.

• Mike
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

They want to be a one party Goverment all others jailed or shot

• John W
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

"They" being conservatives since it's them that bring it up

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

I hear democrats yapping about the Constitution alot yet somehow they don't truly understand it. They claim to be for our rights yet want to disarm us and implement speech laws that would essentially do away with the first amendment and those are just two examples. Also if they understood the Constitution and the people who created it, they would understabd why it's more important than ever. It's the very basis of our republic.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

heavens no !!!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.