KFC
KFC asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsCancer · 6 months ago

Does tobacco by itself cause cancer?

Like I cigarettes cause cancer because of the chemicals in it, but does tobacco by itself cause cancer. I mean if I was to grow my own tobacco and smoke it out of a pipe.

Not really sure to be honest

Obviously you are looking for justification to smoke. Don't play games with yourself. You know tobacco kills so why use it?

• Daphne5 months agoReport

Your an addict. Get some help for yourself. There are means to quit. Go to your doctor and get help. They will give you the patch. Either that or still play games and kill yourself.

Nearly all of the chemicals found in cigarettes that cause cancer occur naturally in tobacco.

Even organically grown tobacco contains cancee causins chemicals (carcinogens)

I smoked cigarettes fom the age of 15 until I quit at the age of 51, I watched My Father Die of lung Cancer and I watched his Father die of lung Cancer too. during the course of my adult life I took jobs that would "force me" to not smoke yet still found ways to get around that I made determinations 5 or 6 times That I had to and would "quit" even with access to having patches or meds given me I never bothered then October 8th 2009 I woke up in the recovery room at The trauma center, the very early morning My Aorta Ruptured about 3 inches above the Aortic Valve, The blood My heart was Pumping Immediatly began to fill My Paracardium (which is like a baggie that surrounds and protects the Heart as it filled it put pressure on the heart slowing it so In affect I bled Less quickly as I died I was dieing...lol They recognized the problem and verified it and transfered me from My local to the regional trauma all withing 30 minutes When I arrived My 1st blood pressure taken was 60/30 which is a couple points above being in a death coma (once you go into the coma its nearly impossible to survive the brain cells just die.... I remained in hospital for 32 days during the recovery time They explained after an MRI scan that Noth of my legs Had anuerysms behind the knees caused By the cholesterol fatty Goop Hardening in the arteries, sometimes breaking off and tearing inside the artery wall Like a garden hose thats crimped and bent back and forth 20000 times today 10 years after that they have opened the right leg from my upper hip bone to the knee and below the knee to mid calf 136 staples to close after fixing that artery , Both lower legs and feet swell and are painfull i have to take 8 medications a day.... I'm "blessed" because I can still walk some A tobacco Plant sitting in the ground growing in the sun wont cause anything beyond Nutriant loss in the soil, But when Man began to dry it so they could burn it to inhale they crossed a Line....again Less of an issue until they decided to treat the tobacco with chemicals to allow it to burn constantly to increase the nicotine and negative addictive chemicals... I always said I'll cross that bridge when I come to it ... Well I crossed it and it sucked But I am still here I am still aware and ALive and Lucky

• Rebecca

Wow! I'm so happy you're still here with us!

More likely yeah

• Alfred

yes... there is at least one known substance - called benzopiren- in tobacco smoke - which is known to cause/ induce cancer / cancer - related / inducing changes in human cells....

and it's said there also is some - probably- relative tiny amount of plutonium, as well

if there is nicotine - yes

Yes.

• mokrie

It all depends on whether or not you are unlucky and have weak lungs. Everyone has a body weakness. If it's your liver and you drink a lot you can die from that. Others have strong livers and can drink into old age. Same with smoking. 80% of smokers never get cancer from it. More people that don't smoke get cancer. But those with weak lungs DO get cancer from it. It's just the luck of the draw.

Yes.

Read this article - ESPECIALLY if you are considering growing tobacco and you have children around.

https://www.livescience.com/7914-warning-homegrown...

• Edna

The caster bean plant (which many grow in a flower bed because it's pretty) is 10 times more deadly than a tobacco plant.