Why is my keyboard not working? Is it a driver issue or a physical issue?

So, I have this really old keyboard. Some of the keys just aren t responsive. My dad wanted me to test out the keyboard one more time before we gave it away or something. When I typed the abcs however, it started working again! It seems that every single key works when i press other keys consecutively (within a span of almost 400 to 500 ms). But when I press it separately, the keys just don t respond... How can I fix this and save my keyboard?

Favorite Answer

What kind of keyboard is it? What make is it? Is it a plug and play? Did it come with a driver disc? What kind of port does it use? You give literally 0 information to help. Also, have you tried it on another computer? What kind of OS are you running? These things MATTER.

We are not clairvoyant!

• keerok

Buy a new one already.

• Bill-M

It is not a driver. IT is a Dirty Keyboard. The Keys pick up dust and oil from your hands.