Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

?
Lv 4
? asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 2 years ago

(see news quote in details) Is Felicity Huffman "brave" for taking accountability for her part in the college enrollment scam?

Or is this just part of society's gynocentric double standards that give women preferential treatment?

This is from a news article I just read: “Felicity’s friends and fans are proud of how brave and honest she’s been. She’s been as transparent as possible and knows she made a mistake.”

And why are these people taking pride in that someone else is owning up to the fact that what they did was wrong? Any self-respecting person would take accountability for their wrong doings. The "brave" part just makes me shake my head with disgust.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    2 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Many people just want to bring a contrarian attitude to the comments sections of articles. Meanwhile Aunt Becky seems utterly delusional about the whole thing. So by comparison Felicity Huffman seems like the better role model.

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

Why isn't her HUSBAND getting any of the same sh!t? He's more famous than her. Don't tell me he didn't know what was going on: they used it as a plotline on his TV show.

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

By pleading guilty she is getting plea deal and will serve a few months tops. Sortario (a male) isn't getting nearly as good of a plea deal for the exact same thing.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.