?
? asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 2 years ago

(see news quote in details) Is Felicity Huffman "brave" for taking accountability for her part in the college enrollment scam?

Or is this just part of society's gynocentric double standards that give women preferential treatment?

This is from a news article I just read: “Felicity’s friends and fans are proud of how brave and honest she’s been. She’s been as transparent as possible and knows she made a mistake.”

And why are these people taking pride in that someone else is owning up to the fact that what they did was wrong? Any self-respecting person would take accountability for their wrong doings. The "brave" part just makes me shake my head with disgust.

• Foofa
    Favorite Answer

Many people just want to bring a contrarian attitude to the comments sections of articles. Meanwhile Aunt Becky seems utterly delusional about the whole thing. So by comparison Felicity Huffman seems like the better role model.

Why isn't her HUSBAND getting any of the same sh!t? He's more famous than her. Don't tell me he didn't know what was going on: they used it as a plotline on his TV show.

By pleading guilty she is getting plea deal and will serve a few months tops. Sortario (a male) isn't getting nearly as good of a plea deal for the exact same thing.