Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicTelevisionReality Television · 6 months ago

Why didnt actors during the Golden age of hollywood just quit if it was so bad?

I was watching some documentaries that talked about judy garland and other actors during that time and it sounded pretty inhumane. I just wondered why they didn't quit? I feel like it was more than just money keeping them there. any input?

bc it wasn't so bad. just lick today these low creatures will happily sell their should to get some new money and some fame. they love it..bc they are low class, insecure, ignorant and need fame and stardom to validate their insecuties and all that. they would sell out their own fathers for a part in movie

contracts that they couldn't buy out of.

In some cases, the actors were still under age so had no choice but to abide by their parents wishes.

Legal contracts there was only the studio system at that time. If you wanted to work in movies there wasn t any other place to go. Just garland was underage when she started and was forced to take pills to lose weight .#So she became an addict by the time she was an adult

• Kenny

I guess they didn't know another way to make a living .

Judy Garland wasn't an actor in "The Golden age of Hollywood". She is a judge, she has her own show called "Judge Judy".

• susan

Dumb answer, if this is a real answer. Dumb joke, if this is a joke.