Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 6 months ago

How much calories should I have a day to achieve this?

I'm 190 pounds, 5"5, female, 18, I want to lose 60 pounds in 3 months.

• Blearg
    Favorite Answer

Calorie restriction overwhelmingly leads to future weight regain, greater fat-to-muscle ratio, and increased risk for various health issues including heart failure. I highly recommend against trying to starve your way to a goal weight. In fact, I suggest avoiding the entire concept.

Health can be improved by consuming more plant-based foods and by including certain forms of exercise on a regular basis.

If it's about appearance: tailoring clothes, using makeup techniques, and learning how to move and speak in impactful ways are more influential and empowering in the long term than a weight yo-yoing cycle could ever be.

Long term studies show that upwards of 95% of people who lose weight regain it within 5 years. Just for comparison, that means you are as likely to survive metastatic lung cancer (the one that is considered a death sentence) than lose weight and keep it off.

Do what you will, just know that the reason new diets are invented constantly is that so far, none really work.

To achieve that ammount of weight loss in 3 months would mean you basically need to starve yourself... aim for 20 pounds using a sensible caloric deficit (20% under caloric maintenance).

i would ask your doctor about it

Pick a more achievable and sustainable goal. It would be incredibly difficult to lose 20 pounds a month and even if you did manage to lose 60 pounds in 3 months there is no way you are maintaining that. The best way to lose weight is slowly. That way its healthier for your body and you learn over time so when it comes time to maintain you are not completely lost.

Don't try it. You will harm yourself physically. Plan on trying to lose it over 3 years.