Anonymous
Anonymous asked in EnvironmentConservation · 6 months ago

What if the earth had icage in 2020?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Well, that sort of depends on what you consider an "ice age". A return to a deep freeze simply will not happen overnight like that. We are due for such a return though. That may turn out to be the hidden blessing of AGW ("global warming"); keeping us out of the return to an ice age.

For me, as a geologist, we are still in an "ice age". There are two major continental land masses that are covered by ice. We just are in a short hiatus in a larger period of an ice age. An "Indian Summer" or a "January Thaw" of sorts that will not last. Unless, of course, we have so totally disrupted the natural cycles that we will dodge that refreeze.

Given that I live in a place that was under a kilometer or so of ice some 20,000 years ago, I think I would prefer AGW, from a selfish standpoint.

• Daro
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary." (H. L. Mencken.)

• olivia
    Lv 5
    6 months ago

The new model of the's sun oriented cycle is delivering uncommonly precise expectations of anomalies inside the Sun's 11-year heartbeat.

It draws on dynamo impacts in two layers of the Sun, one near the surface and one profound inside its convection zone.

Expectations from the model recommend that sun powered movement will fall by 60 percent amid the 2030s to conditions last observed amid the 'small scale ice age' that started in 1645, as per the outcomes introduced by Prof Valentina Zharkova at the National Astronomy Meeting in Llandudno.

The model predicts that the pair of waves become progressively balanced amid Cycle 25, which tops in 2022.

Amid Cycle 26, which covers the decade from 2030-2040, the two waves will turn out to be actually out of sync and this will cause a noteworthy decrease in sun oriented movement.

'In cycle 26, the two waves precisely reflect one another – topping in the meantime however in inverse sides of the equator of the Sun,' said Zharkova.

'Their cooperation will be problematic, or they will almost drop one another.

'We foresee that this will prompt the properties of a 'Maunder least''

• Cowboy
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

What if it won't? (and it really it won't)

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Ice age? They might we do have the technology to survive however, there isn't any hope as we are not prepared for it.

• Climate Realist
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

Try farming East of Miami during an ice age. Just as melting ice causes the sea level to rise, accumulating ice causes the sea level to drop.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

I really don't know. Why don't you ask the government?

• poldi2
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Assuming you mean ICE age (not icage), it takes several decades for an ice age to form. It wouldn't happen in less than a year.

• 6 months ago

Its an interglacial period of an ice age RIGHT NOW. The glaciers and ice caps are MELTING faster and faster..

• 6 months ago

"icage"? You mean an "ice age"? It would get very cold. Might have lots of snow. Glaciers would grow.

• Daro
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

But it wud not "get very cold" in 1 year. That only happens in the movies. Even if the sun continues declinal output as John Caseys research has shown it will take decades or centuries to get back to "little ice age" conditions.

• 6 months ago

icage ?? what is that?

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

The scientists say the Earth is overdue for an ice age.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.