Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingNewborn & Baby · 2 years ago

My baby is tall for being 2 months?

His pediatrician joked about how he’s going to be a basketball player since he’s so tall already. I’m worried that he’s going to be super tall by the time he’s one and he won’t even look like a one year old and he’ll look more like he’s 5.

Favorite Answer

No. It doesn't work that way. Even for a child that is running at the top of the growth chart in height, they don't really look freakishly tall for their age. They will likely be one of the tallest students in a class room, but your one year old child is not going to look tall enough to be five years old.

I have experience because my daughter was always at the top of the growth chart for height. She was almost always the tallest one in her class - but she was never so tall as to look completely out of place among other children her age. She was just the tallest girl in the room and often taller than the boys until about the age of 15 when the boys finally hit their growth spurts. Her final height when she stopped getting taller is 5' 11".

Why are you writing stupid thigs on Yahoo..? Go look in on your baby !!!!!

• Tulip

Ok

• Mark

How nice for you. Do you have a question?