Japan's religion is based on respect for the dead. What do they think of Trump demanding the USS McCain have it's name covered and sailors?

...not wear their caps while he was there?

Update:

If they didn't realize what a doush he was before they do now. Plus they were laughing when the Sumo trophy was presented, in Asian culture that means they think you're an idiot, not funny.

Update 3:

I was going to vote for McCain until I saw all the racist trash attacking Obama here...true story.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Jim2
    Lv 7
    9 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Probably not much!

• Login to reply the answers
  • y
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

So it has gone from them covering up the name, wanting the ship to be moved, but Trump wasn't aware of it. To, nothing actually happened but the white house wanted it all. The story has completely flipped throughout the day from the original reports this morning. Doesn't that suggest anything?

• Smoking Joe
      Lv 7
      9 months agoReport

They did cover it, there are pictures, then the Navy realized what was happening and stopped it.

• Dale
    Lv 6
    9 months ago

I did not know that Trump practiced a Japanese Religion. Where did you hear that?

• TNO
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

...and which religion is that? Japan is unique as they generally mix and mash their religions nowadays. Over there, you are "Born Shinto, marry Christian, and die Buddhist". While respect for the dead and one's ancestors is a big thing over there, even for those more atheistic, it's not the basis for religion (any of them). It's a general East Asian cultural thing. Sorry, that just bothered me.

In any case, the Japanese probably don't care. McCain's not a Japanese individual, and the warship won't change anything in Japanese daily life. They are far more strict about paying attention to what Trump does that will affect them and the world than his personality, at least that was my impression during the election. They may mention it as a weird thing, but won't focus on it especially if made aware of the claims that Trump did NOT request this personally.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 months ago

I think even a good number of Japanese remember how you portrayed McCain as an old, racist, out-of-touch warmonger for nearly a decade....

• Smoking Joe
      Lv 7
      9 months agoReport

Not me, I was going to vote for McCain until I saw all the racist trash attacking Obama here...true story.

• hamel5
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

I'm sure that most Japanese think that Trump is a clown -so, it probably doesn't surprise them

• 9 months ago

Fake news. That is why the other trolls on here who posted rant based on the fake news story about the USS John S. McCain have deleted their "questions".

• Bill
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

A warmonger shouldn't have a ship named after him.

Edit: McCain never saw a war he didn't like or he didn't want the US to be involved in. Ever war that he had the chance to vote for he voted for.

Edit 2: McCain had a history of lying about wars too.

Edit 3: If I was Trump I would have had the ship decommissioned when McCain was still running his mouth.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.