Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 8 months ago

Israel to Russia is as The USA is to England..... So! why is the USA giving Israel military technologies.... even Bills to force sharing?

WASHINGTON — Last Thursday, Reps. Ted Lieu (D-CA) and Elise Stefanik (R-NY) introduced the “U.S.-Israel Directed Energy Cooperation Act,” which would authorize “the Department of Defense to carry out bilateral cooperation with Israel to develop directed energy capabilities,” according to a press release.

and

Last Updated: Aug. 6, 2017

Editor: Karen Northon

A bill currently before Congress would bind NASA to cooperate with Israel’s Space Agency, despite the latter’s history of espionage against the United States.

By Whitney Webb, reposted from MintPressNews

A bill that was passed by the U.S. Senate in early August and is currently under consideration by the House would mandate that the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) work closely with the Israel Space Agency (ISA) despite the fact that such cooperation in the past was used by Israel to steal U.S. state secrets.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • TNO
    Lv 7
    8 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Actually, Israel isn't to Russia as we are to England. That's a very false equivalence. For one, Israel's independence came FROM England, so we can put them in the same position we occupy in your analogy. Another is that Israel's society actually has a lot more differences between it and Russia than we have with England and Western Europe in general. While both nations were melting pots at the time of independence, Israel's was more diverse as it drew not only from Spain to Russia, but from Morocco to Iran and beyond. Israel is not filled with "Russian Jews", as ~50% of the population is Mizrahi. That means they're from the Muslim world, of which Russia is clearly not.

Our government looks towards Israel as a land of innovation, and with good reason. Dell is likely still operating thanks to their Israeli R&D department, and the amount of technological start-ups per capita over there is staggeringly huge. Our tech firms make shopping around in Israel for their next acquisitions a hobby. Besides, our government cooperates with a LOT of nations, not just Israel. Israel really isn't given the special treatment you think it gets.

As for the spying: It's regrettable, but not unique to Israel. We do it to them too, and all nations to it to each other. On that level, it's not the justification you think it is for dismissing Israel. I don't know about any State secrets, but at the very least I rather trust them in Israeli hands than most others' since the Israelis have a lot to lose if we should ever go into a sharp decline. They're not malicious towards us, so it's probably just intel gathering. Of course, I rather they be in our hands only.

The thing is that your source is Mint Press, which isn't a name I've heard in a while. But it's one I've heard of...and for the wrong reasons. One of which is their anti-Semitic bias (by which I don't just mean anti-Israel) so who knows if your allegations are nothing more than heresy from a third-rate reporter who is more interesting in pushing an agenda than actually decently reporting.

• ...Show all comments
    • TNO
      Lv 7
      8 months agoReport

The Russian speaking party isn't defined along Russian lines. However, Yisrael Beitenu has a lot of ex-Soviets in it, who fled when they were able. Due to their outlook, they have a particular view of how the nation should be run and thus, formed a party around that. But YB isn't solely Russian.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

TNO is Jew so his opinion is biased

• Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.