Can I bring one or two charcoal pencils on an airplane?

I m flying to Seattle from upper Cali on Saturday, for a cruise to Alaska. I was hoping to bring minimal art supplies, so I could draw the landscape and views. Not charcoal sticks, but rather charcoal pencils, and a maximum of two. Maybe some crayons instead of pastels since they don t have flammable oil in them. Would these pencils be ok to bring through security? I know charcoal is flammable, but it would be a small amount. (EX. of pencils: http://www.pencils4artists.co.uk/Files/74794/Img/1...

Thank you!

• Speed
    Best Answer

I am unaware of any limitations on bringing charcoal pencils, regular art pencils, pastels, or crayons on board an airplane.

I always have pens and pencils in my purse and more in my carry-on backpack. No one in security pays them any attention.

Of course you can. Nobody cares about pencils.

Check with your airline but everything that is flammable is not banned – books, newspapers, etc are way more flammable than charcoal.