96 Answers

Relevance
  • bubba
    Lv 6
    6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Rarely , no need to where i live , people get paid for the work they do

• 6 months ago

Yes but also depends on the type of service. I tip my hairdresser and my food server if it's not a buffet. If I have to get up and get my own food I do not tip. I also do not tip coffee baristas. All they do is make and hand me my cup of coffee so I don't know why I should pay extra for that?? Also, I would tip at nail salons or any kind of professional service where I felt the server did a very good job

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

no. pay your own damn employees, bltch

• ron h
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

if NOT tipping caused restaurants to pay their staff, that would make sense. But that's not what happens.

• 6 months ago

Yes sometimes

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • SW-6
    Lv 5
    6 months ago

If the service is good, yes. But it is getting crazy with that "tip jar" by the register when you go to an ice cream store or something. I feel for wait staff that get paid so little and expect tips to make up for such low salary. However I resent the fact that in order to get a meal at a restaurant you have to pay for the food you are eating and make up for the salary the restaurant isn't giving it's workers. I go out knowing that my waitress is getting paid crap an is relying on my tip to make up for her low pay. So I tip. I still cant help feeling a bit resentful. No disrespect. :)

• 6 months ago

Ggfgu

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Of course

• Always. Especially in a service setting. Most people don’t realize servers make $2.50 on average before tips which is far less than minimum wage. They rely on them for consistent income.

• JJ
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Yes always. from restaurant waiters to barbers to taxi drivers,

• Nicole
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

all the time

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.