Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelCruise Travel · 8 months ago

Could I work 3/4 of year as a nurse and travel last 1/4 of the year?

I have a dream of travelling, possibly sailing.

Is it possible to work for let's say 6 months, then take a month or so off to go sailing, then come back and work for another 2-3 months, and leave again?

Are you only able do this as a travel nurse? Or are there other ways to do it? How much leeway do travel nurses have when they take time off during the year?

Also, are there nursing jobs that allow you to work overseas? (Besides working on cruise ships)

Thankyou!!

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes, travel nurses can work in other countries. And they can work as many or as few weeks as they want. If you live frugally while you're working, you can save up enough to travel. I know a nurse who has looked into this, and has looked at jobs in places like Australia. She also worked as an agency nurse for a while, where she could take 3 month or 6 month contracts.I think there's an online site where you can look at the kinds of positions available.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

It's my dream, I'd like to explore the whole world. I think someday I'll do that. Honestly, I see only the positive side of work and travel. There is an opportunity to organize your working day where and when you want, isn't it cool? To spend some hours on work and then exploring new places, it's amazing! Besides, there are plenty of freelance sites https://travelsites.com/work-and-travel/

• Den B7
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Yes you can. Just find an employer that will allow it.

Don't know why this is posted in Cruise Travel since you made no mention of working on a cruise ship.

• Andy C
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Depends on the employer, completely.

Typically not. Doctors get paid sabbaticals after 10 years.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Greg
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

It is possible but highly unlikely. You would have to work temp positions and live very cheaply to have the money for your travel. There are tons of overseas jobs.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.