Why is my download speed stays always at 1.3mbps?

To be more precise i try to download some games from Steam or Uplay and the speed is always capped at 1.3mbps. It is always stable and without unusual drops so i get the feeling that it might depend by the writing speed on my hdd or the limit od my ISP. What can i check to determinate the exact reason?

• opurt
    Favorite Answer

The write speed of a hard drive is going to be faster than most people's internet connections. Downloads are almost always limited by the speed of your internet unless you have an extremely fast connection.

A download speed of 1.3 MBps (megabytes per second) is about the same as a 10 Mbps (megabit) connection, which is a common level of service so it seems to check out.

• Valentyn6 months agoReport

Thanks, tomorrow i'll try to check directly with my isp. i'll try to remember to add the results here fin case someone in the future someone would wanna know..