Gerd (LPR) and Asthma connected? Please help!?

So I'm 21 years old, I play competitive soccer (professional) and I have all of a sudden been experiencing asthma symptons lately. Here are my symptoms: -Chest tightness -difficulty getting a full breath of relief -tight throat -clearing my throat from time to time I'm wondering if this is GERD but I also... show more So I'm 21 years old, I play competitive soccer (professional) and I have all of a sudden been experiencing asthma symptons lately. Here are my symptoms:
-Chest tightness
-difficulty getting a full breath of relief
-tight throat
-clearing my throat from time to time

I'm wondering if this is GERD but I also don't know. I was eating Oranges, Kiwis, dark chocolate and dairy almost every day for 7 or 8 months. Those are all foods that normally trigger reflux but I never felt reflux. Even now I don't feel reflux. I did some research and I think maybe I have silent reflux which is called LPR?

But I haven't seen a doctor yet. I stopped taking my rescue inhaler before exercise for a week and I was okay then all of a sudden the symptoms of asthma slowly came on over the course of a day or two. I've done a few acupuncture treatment to help and I am a bit better but still not my normal self. It's really bothering me. I'm not sure what to do. I'm not coughing and I don't have a fever. My chest just feels heavy. What should I do? Is this connected with LPR or GERD? As I said I'm a very active individual who exercises everyday and doesn't smoke or drink really.
4 answers 4