How do I get rid of this sore throat/ strep throat? I'm also coughing out green phlegm. And why do I have it in the first place?

I notice that during the day it gets better, but when I go to sleep and wake up in the morning it seems to be horrible s if it never had any treatment towards it. I think the only thing that makes it ok later in the day is that I have been drinking water and honey and this morning I recently gargled warm water... show more I notice that during the day it gets better, but when I go to sleep and wake up in the morning it seems to be horrible s if it never had any treatment towards it.

I think the only thing that makes it ok later in the day is that I have been drinking water and honey and this morning I recently gargled warm water with salt. I usually have done this saltwater method in the past but hadn't done it yet because I did not think this would be this bad.

What should I do?