Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsMedicine · 1 year ago

Why are people who came in hours after me at the ER, being seen before me, a high priority paitent?

I came into the ER at 9:15 PM for severe chest pain, nausea and a numb right leg. I was triaged and had an EKG. The nurse stated that there were abnormalities in my EKG and that a doctor should be with me soon. I have now been waiting 5 hours through excruciating pain. I have been crying and informing the nurses the pain is getting worse. I m 17F, so I can easily understand older paitents going first. However, I do have a history with leukemia and heart complications is not unheard of after chemotherapy. Why are others who came in just an hour ago being seen before a previous cancer paitent with extreme chest pain and an abnormal EKG?

Should I just leave and go to a different ER?

• 1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

what country are in you? in the US, are you legally able to consent...where are your parents?

you can't drive your self in that condition...id love to see their reaction if you call 911 for an ambulance to be taken to another hospital.

• 1 year ago

If you are well enough to sit and post questions on Yahoo, you are not as bad as some people going in there. Last time I was in ER, the last thing on my mind was playing with a phone. I was in too much pain.

• Alyssa11 months agoReport

I was sitting in the waiting area screaming in pain. I was in afib and it took them several days to get it under control. I was lucky to get out with minimal damage to my heart. I came on here because NOBODY in that ER would answer my questions.

• LAN
    1 year ago

Because you are obviously lying.

• LAN

Funny too that you couldn't post a response immediately and waited a month so that no original posted would see your childish attempt at trying to answer.

1 year ago

Apparently you are stable and are waiting for a specialist to arrive.

• PR
    1 year ago

The ER can be a very difficult place to be. You can never tell why they do what they do. If someone has come with you, have them ask what the abnormalities were on the EKG, and have them let the staff know that if you have a heart attack, they will be speaking to upper authorities.

You could also call your own doctor and ask what to do. Leave a message and tell them what is going on. In this case, sometimes a doctor will encourage more prompt treatment.