Republican Justin Amash accuses Barr of misrepresenting the Mueller Report. Do you agree this is what a real patriot looks like?
Rep. Justin Amash (R-Mich.) on Tuesday accused Attorney General Bill Barr of intentionally misrepresenting the Mueller report to help further Trump's "false narrative" about the special counsel's investigation.
The Michigan congressman, the only Republican in Congress to support impeachment, isn't backing down from his controversial position — even as big Republican donors like the DeVos family begin to pull their support.
We can disagree about politics, but when the Republic is at stake we must put our country above our politics like Justin Amash has done. This guy is a hero in my book. A true patriot.
- chloeLv 76 months agoFavorite Answer
Barr lied. He and Trump thought they could slip the Mueller Report under the rug. He was caught in the act and the worse it looks for Trump the more eager Barr seems to want to go to the mat for him. The guy is crazy.
Amash is right to stand by his ethics. Betsy DeVos and Erik Prince can keep their money. Amash is better off for having spoken the truth.
- magix151Lv 76 months ago
Barr did that. Amash was just tellingn the truth, something many republicans on the hill have a problem with these days.
- NickLv 56 months ago
Funny Mueller didn’t accuse Barr of any wrongdoing and said he acted in good faith.
- 2WestiesLv 76 months ago
I agree that this is a man with integrity. But, it doesn't matter with the Trump fans, they bumble on not wanting to know the truth or caring that we have a crook in the White House.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- 6 months ago
At the VERY LEAST the Mueller Report establishes the need for further investigation into obstruction of justice, and at worst it makes a clear and convincing case for felony obstruction.
Did Trump think this would just go away lol? This is honestly baffling.
- The TaxpayerLv 76 months ago
looking for his first and last spot in the limelight.
- PythagorasLv 76 months ago
1. Amash is a Never Trumper from a purple state. If you think he is a hero/true patriot, then you have a low bar for a hero/true patriot. It is just as likely.. or even more likely.. that he stuck his finger in the air and saw this as an opportunity. Worst case scenario is that he probably has a lifetime contract as the token """Conservative"""" on MSNBC.
2. If you want to discuss something seriously, don't reference Axios.
- Anonymous6 months ago
Yep cons in here are like the band in Titanic, just playing as the ship sank
- RoLv 76 months ago
No, not at all. All Amash needs to do is read the report. It is clear that Barr did not "misrepresent" any part of it.
- Alvin ColmesLv 76 months ago
Amash is a tool and you are a hopeless hater of the president. LOL