Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsGames & GearPC · 6 months ago

Is there a store that I can send my pc to to have them upgrade my cpu?

I don’t know much about pc and I know I have to go through a large process because my cpu isn’t compatible to the Ryzen 5 2600 that I want to upgrade it to. I was wondering if there are any shops in Connecticut or in general that would take my pc and upgrade it for me.

Attachment image

4 Answers

  • 6 months ago

    As much as you'll hate to hear it... but if you have to replace your motherboard to upgrade the CPU, you're better off just buying a new system altogether for the sake of simplicity.

    Because, if you have to replace the motherboard, you'll need to replace the CPU & the RAM (to accommodate the new motherboard, which would likely perform better), then potentially the graphics card (although this isn't as big of an issue nowadays with standardized connections). While you wouldn't have replace your storage drives, the upgrades costs have a high tendency to snowball out of anticipated control.

    It's because of that snowball effect that makes it more reasonable to buy a new system instead of attempting to upgrade ONLY the CPU.

    I know it's not the answer you want to hear, but it's the harsh truth that you'll have to deal with & will likely be a similar story when you visit computer repair / build shop.

  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

    Ummm...the Ryzen 5 2600 is a CPU. Are you trying to say that your motherboard won't support the new CPU?

  • 6 months ago

    The sockets change on motherboards almost as often as new processors are created.

    If you want to upgrade your CPU it would be limited to those released around the time as your old one.

    If it gets to the point when you need a new CPU you're likely buying a new PC. New CPU needs a new motherboard, which will need new memory, etc.

  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

    Every city and many towns have a computer service and repair store that's not associated with any particular brand of computer. Any of those should be able to do the work you need, assuming they can get the part.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.