The practice of Islam oppresses and demeans women, restricting their human rights, and yet it is sanctioned because it's a religion?

What's up with that?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Gelo
    Lv 4
    1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

I have no idea why it's tolerated.

My best friend escaped Saudi Arabia and Islam. She was beaten so severely that she needed facial reconstruction surgery. Her sister was caught shopping without her burqua so her father drowned her in the family pool and forced everyone to watch. Her mother was abused until she killed herself.

My friend eacaped Islam by coming with her abusive husband to the US for his job where she easily found protection...with CHRISTIANS, I might add.

Anyone who thinks Christians do ANYTHING to women in the US in comparison has anger issues.

Source(s): I'm an atheist woman living in the bible belt who is treated very well.
    • Hindusufi
      Lv 7
      1 year agoReport

I'm glad she got out.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 year ago

No different than the jehovah's witnesses doomsday death cult.

• Mike1 year agoReport

Oh, Juli. You know that's not true. Like comparing vinegar with battery acid.

• 1 year ago

No different that not allowing women to have abortions when the US Supreme Court ruled abortions were legal.

• 1 year ago

They're allowed to practice their mythology like the christians and Jews but are not allowed to practice any superstitious rituals that break U.S. law.

The amish for example must follow compulsory education laws beyond their highly restrictive 8th grade limit set by their mythology.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 year ago

In the US we have freedom of religion; but if the practice of a religion breaks our laws, that particular practice is illegal. For instance, the US does not allow human sacrifice or even animal sacrifice. In order to become a State, Utah had to give up the practice of polygamy.

Now, there is no law against covering the face, except when it is done for criminal purposes, as in an armed robbery or assault. After all, somebody might cover her face voluntarily. But it would be illegal to force her to do so.

Well, that's how we view it in the US.

• sarah
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

Satan gave up his possession in heaven to come to earth to live with women. Now he will eventually be destroyed and he knows what it feels like to live forever. So he blames women and has continued to punish them throughout history. They are paid less and beaten more and has more responsibility when it comes to raising children. It is not something anyone wants to be or best life possible.

• Hindusufi
      Lv 7
      1 year agoReport

Satan does not exist.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

The thing is, Islamic women seem cool with being treated like that.

• Cultural conditioning, extreme oppression, fear of speaking out, and not knowing any better.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

Yes, it's an Abrahamic religion, like Christianity and Judaism.

• Misty
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

All the religions of Abraham do that.

• 1 year ago

You ought to see what the christers are doing to women in USA.

~

• ...Show all comments
    • Mike1 year agoReport

No, it isn't as bad as being murdered. Although if a woman decides to go to a back-alley abortionist because her right of choice is denied through legislation, it could well lead to her death. Christian fundies are bad enough, but they can't match Islam for pure unmitigated barbarity.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.