Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsRunning · 6 months ago

Is this a good 5k time?

I ran the 5k in 21 minutes. The end of the race has 2 hills to go up, one with a slow incline the other one just sucks and it’s at the very end coming into the finish. I’m a 14yo boy

it is a very good time considering the 2 hills you had to run up I'd say you did good

• .

That's a good time. To me, anything under 30 mins is good. How "good" that is depends on your goals and how long you've been training. It's certainly nothing to be ashamed of! ☺

• Todd

I wouldn't say it's spectacular, but decent. Stick to it. My first race was 24 min. When I got to college I was below 17 on hilly courses. Make sure you do hills and also intervals, and even though it doesn't seem to make sense, endurance training should be part of your regimen, as far as 10 miles of cross country. I know it sounds like torture, but it really isn't.

Keep improving your time, keep getting faster times