Is Trump a bit too socialist for your taste?

The man has redistributed taxpayer funds for public work projects (the wall), and he has vastly expanded welfare ($30B in new money to US farmers).

That's not what America needs. Socialism is a failed ideology regardless of what Trump calls it.

• A.J.
    Favorite Answer

His actions are all to make rich people richer. Corporations build the wall under lucrative federal contracts. The money for farmers is not aimed at the small farmer and instead goes to big business.

Add - Do people realize how much money is made in Federal contracts handling the migrants at the border and especially in separating out children? I read once that each child costs hundreds of dollars a day in Federal spend the way it's set up now if separated.

Sorry you don't know what socialism is. It's not how the government spends money. It's when the government owns or controls the means of production and distribution of goods and services. It means there is no private business to tax. Everyone works for the government.

• Sally

Democratic socialism is working well all over the world, and those people have a better lifestyle than we do. They may have free school from preschool through college or a chef cooking meals for school kids or a school system with no homework. Italian workers get 8 weeks of paid vacation per year BY LAW and American workers get ZERO. Why shouldn't we have better lives?

He calls it peaches now.

About as socialist as a Russian oligarch

He's also seizing private property for his wall and putting federal troops into the border states. You have to wonder why the Texans are threatening to secede again.

Donald Trump is too whorish and corrupt for my taste.

he's a bit too everything for me. He leaves a horrible taste in my mouth.

• Stuart

Wall Street Journal

Federal Judge Blocks Trump's Border-Wall Plans

federal judge wall from www.wsj.com

10 hours ago · A federal judge late Friday dealt a blow to the White House’s plans to build a wall along the southern U.S. border, blocking Trump administration officials from moving forward on construction projects with funds that Congress hadn’t approved. U.S. District Judge Haywood Gilliam in ..

Honestly, really, why on EARTH would you possibly think that “democratic-socialism” is not democratic? Do you realize that pretty much every other industrialized Western nation has a form of government that you would probably consider to be “democratic socialism”? They are not un-democratic. Don’t you realize that the United States under REAGAN would have probably been considered “democratic socialism” by Americans in 1900? I mean, income tax? Unemployment insurance? Welfare? Women voting? Restrictions on the work week? Social Security? Restrictions on child labor? I guarantee you that a hundred years ago all of these ideas would have been considered dangerously socialist and thoroughly un-American. I suppose that means that the “last democratically elected President” was Taft.

I realize that there’s a good chance that this question was posted by a troll looking to stoke diatribe, but the thing is that this kind of drivel seems to be increasingly believed. Sheesh.