Boyfriend broke up with me, saying he still loves me but just wants to be best friends. What do you think I do?

It has only been a few days since it happened, but really I am unsure what to do. When I asked why he broke up with me he tried explaining, and the first time he explained I thought I understood: I don’t go out much (since my parents are pretty strict) and so this affected him. But when I told him I can get us to... show more It has only been a few days since it happened, but really I am unsure what to do. When I asked why he broke up with me he tried explaining, and the first time he explained I thought I understood: I don’t go out much (since my parents are pretty strict) and so this affected him. But when I told him I can get us to go somewhere he told me if I try getting him back, we’ll have a problem. So I asked another time what was wrong but I still didn’t really get it, yet I told him ‘okay’ to being besties. Oh, and all this happened over text 😅. I don’t even know if I have a question here but I guess I’m just a bit conflicted. We have texted like normal the days since and he still calls me cute, but when we agreed to friends he mentioned no more touching (like playful taps), although I could occasionally hug him if I needed to and that we would just hang out as friends.
4 answers 4