Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 year ago

Why should I serve God if I have absolutely no interest in Him or anybody else?

1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

If you don't mind eternity in hell, then suit yourself. But once you get there you'll wish for eternity that you'd never been born.

Jos 24:15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

See why:

https://www.google.com/search?q=photos+burning+in+...

>>>However, if you believe in Jesus and never serve Him a single day in your life, you will still go to heaven.<<<

Is a lie from the pits of hell.

Mat 4:10 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, >>>Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve<<<.

Psa 22:30 A seed shall serve him; it shall be accounted to the Lord for a generation.

Psa 100:2 Serve the LORD with gladness: come before his presence with singing.

Psa 2:11 Serve the LORD with fear, and rejoice with trembling.

Col 3:24 Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ.

• 1 year ago

Self interest, Einstein.

• 1 year ago

Are you sure? God asks so little of you, only a lifetime of service. Plus, if you agree, he promises to not torture you forever! I mean, who can resist that offer?

• 1 year ago

I suppose that if you have no interest in anyone, you can hardly expect anyone to be interested in you.

1 year ago

Serving God is not the condition for receiving eternal life. Believing in Jesus is the sole condition. After you are saved, you should desire to serve the Lord out of gratitude for what He has done for you. However, if you believe in Jesus and never serve Him a single day in your life, you will still go to heaven.

Because we have all sinned against a perfectly holy and righteous God, we all deserve eternal separation from God in hell (Rom. 6:23). However, God loves us so much that He sent His only Son Jesus to die on the cross as our Substitute. Christ died on the cross for our sins, was buried, and rose from the grave (1 Cor. 15:3-4). The Bible is clear that salvation is not by our good works. The only condition for receiving everlasting life is to believe in Jesus for that free gift! It really is that simple.

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life" (John 6:47).

• Apologia1 year agoReport

Wrong. You cannot receive Jesus as Savior while denying Him as Lord.
      "By this we know that we have come to know Him, if we keep His commandments. The one who says, “I have come to know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him." - 1 John 2:3-4

• 1 year ago

Then don't.

• 1 year ago

You should serve God because He is your Creator, and He loves you, and He has a plan for your life. Also, you should serve God because Jesus died on the cross to save you. Also, you should serve God because the day will come when God will judge the world, and only those who have repented and placed their trust in Jesus will go to Heaven. If you're not interested in God, get to know what God is like by reading the Bible. Especially read the teachings of Jesus in the gospels. Because Jesus is God, when you read His words, you are reading the words of God. Also, pray to God and ask Him to give you an interest in Him.

• 1 year ago

You shouldn't then. But if you want to be happy I think you should follow the Dalai Lama's advice:

If you want others to be happy, practice compassion.

If you want to be happy yourself, practice compassion.

(i.e. you don't have to take an interest in people but treating them with respect is good for both you and them)

1 year ago

Yeah, that's right. Don't be a brainwashed zombie slave your whole life. Fight the tyranny!

1 year ago

You shouldn't. He does not exist.