How do I talk to someone with a developing benedryl addiction, even tho I smoke weed?

Someone very close to me seems to be developing an unsafe habit of using bendryl. They have a long list of mental illnesses, and health issues as well. Here lately, they have taken to using benedryl accompanied by painkillers of some sort. They have started using this method to “feel good” all though it does not... show more Someone very close to me seems to be developing an unsafe habit of using bendryl. They have a long list of mental illnesses, and health issues as well. Here lately, they have taken to using benedryl accompanied by painkillers of some sort. They have started using this method to “feel good” all though it does not seem it is “constant” use - I would say they are doing this almost daily, not always accompained by a painkiller. My concern is that this will become a serious habit, today when they had brought up that they did this - in and out of there lucid world - they said “I need to speak to ____ about getting me on some actual medicine - this is not safe” and when I agreed and told them that yes, it is not safe they said “well I’m already messed up so why not.. I don’t care” and when I tried to lightly push the fact that long term use is not good for the body, they said “well you smoke weed so...” so with all of that said, how do I approach this? I want to help, but I do not know how to counter act this being that I do have my own coping mechanism with marijuana, but marijuana and pills are two very different worlds. And yes, they have been offered treatments with CBD, and for reasons not need to be known, they can’t not partake.

Thank you to anyone who takes the time to read all of my babble, and thank you to anyone who has advice.