Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 7 months ago

Do I have a reason to report my father to the police or am I overreacting?

My dad is very angry most of the time and hates kids. He tells them off all the time and has refused to come to most parties that have children because they get his blood boiling. Yesterday, I was having a pool party for my eldest son who is 19 and my dad's favorite grandson. My dad came over and decided to go into the pool. My twelve year old daughter wanted to see if she could pick him up and he seemed slightly annoyed, but agreed. She was able to lift him up while in the water. My dad approached me and ended up telling me that when she picked him up, that her torso kept uncomfortably pressing too hard into his genital area and he didn't do anything at first because he didn't want to be rude, but when she didn't let him go, he decided to break free and asked me to intervene if she tried to do that again because he's trying really hard to stay patient with my children. I found this to be absolutely disgusting and kicked my dad from the party, should I report him to the police?

I would hope not. You should be ashamed of yourself for even thinking about it. Your daughter, no doubt innocently, pushed against him, rubbing into him and it no doubt bothered your father, but it is no reason to report him. He DIDN'T do anything. He made you aware of what she did, embarrassing him, because you are her mother. Why would you turn on your father like that? Come to think of it, when I was 11, I lifted weights that belonged to a friend's brother and my older brother also had weights that I lifted. I wanted to show my dad how strong I was and I lifted him - pretty close to 180 lbs. I hope I didn't embarrass him and I don't recall feeling anything, other than being successful and proud of being able to lift him - I had a very tall, lanky father. Leave it alone. Please!

not if he didnt do anything

I mean for what, he didn't steal anything, or anything that the police would consider a crime, but you should have a talk with your daughter of what you have heard, and say something like "Grandpa told me what did while he was in the pool, and he dud not like that, and so I am telling you and please promise me that you will never do it again". It is up to you to decide if you want to tell her, that he asked you to intervene if she does it again. But really you kicked your own father from a party for defending himself, and he decided to tell you of what she did, but either cause your daughter should apologize to your father of what she did to him in the pool. If your daughter knows what she did is wrong, then there is hopefully a very good chance that she will never do this again, even when you nip it into the bod. Your father might need anger management issues, but you do need to get this problem solved sooner than later.

Report him for what? For doing what? That he told you your daughter pressed too hard into him and he was uncomfortable. Are you over reacting.... Yeah....

for what???