How can I help my dog when I leave for work?

Name: Lilly. Age: 12 years Type: Border Collie Whippet mix Lilly has basically always been with me since I've been a stay at home since getting her. Even on Holidays we went to places we could take Lilly with us. My youngest started school this year and I've recently started a part time job. On days I... show more Name: Lilly.
Type: Border Collie Whippet mix

Lilly has basically always been with me since I've been a stay at home since getting her. Even on Holidays we went to places we could take Lilly with us. My youngest started school this year and I've recently started a part time job. On days I work she goes to my mum's who's retired. Every time I leave Lilly she scratches and jumps up at the front window and whines and barks. According to my mum she eventually does quiet down but doesn't truly settle as she regularly goes to the window and checks every time she hears a car go by.

What can I do? It breaks my heart. I did think of working from home but honestly what even allows that? My partner says it's getting ridiculous trying to work around a dog to make it happy.
12 answers 12