Prioritizing and multitasking as receptionist (job interview question)?

I had a Receptionist job interview last week (which I didn't get) and they asked How I prioritize and multitask if there are customers on the phone lines and a line up of people in person waiting to speak to me. I said I would take it first come/first serve and take each call one by one alternating person and... show more I had a Receptionist job interview last week (which I didn't get) and they asked How I prioritize and multitask if there are customers on the phone lines and a line up of people in person waiting to speak to me.
I said I would take it first come/first serve and take each call one by one alternating person and answering call. I didn't get the job so I am going to guess they didn't like that answer? I have a different reception interview tomorrow, what would be a great answer to a question like this?