Can a 17 year old get in trouble for running away in New York ?

Okay, so before I begin I want you all to know that I have been through a great deal of pain . I’ve dealt with mental abuse , that lead to depression for 4 years straight . I do not want to get into complete detail , so I will just say that . I do not wish to be in this house any longer as I dealt with this long... show more Okay, so before I begin I want you all to know that I have been through a great deal of pain . I’ve dealt with mental abuse , that lead to depression for 4 years straight . I do not want to get into complete detail , so I will just say that . I do not wish to be in this house any longer as I dealt with this long enough . I’m at my breaking point . I would like to go live with my best friend who is 18 and her boyfriend who is I believe 21. They both have an apartment together and would be willing to take me in . However , my parents would not like to see me happy and would rather me be trapped in a house that doesn’t feel like a home. Meaning , I do not have their consent if I wanted to move. Can I get in trouble if I just left ? I’m 17 . I would tell my parents where I’m going , she just wouldn’t approve . I want to know if I can get in trouble for “running away” and would my friends get in trouble as well ? I need answers ASAP please . Thanks :) .
1 answer 1