Infinitely long wire of current?

An infinitely-long wire carries a current I. To the right of this wire is square conducting loop with a total resistance of R, with sides of length L. The long wire lies in the same plane as this loop, and is parallel to two sides of the loop, with the closest side a distance d away. a.Compute the magnetic flux... show more An infinitely-long wire carries a current I. To the right of this wire is square conducting loop with a total resistance of R, with sides of length L. The long wire lies in the same plane as this loop, and is parallel to two sides of the loop, with the closest side a distance d away.

a.Compute the magnetic flux through the loop due to a current I flowing in the direction shown in the diagram. [Hint: Is the magnetic field a constant magnitude across the whole area of the loop?]

b.If the current in the long wire is changing, then the magnetic field flux through the loop will also be changing. Suppose that the current in the long wire is increasing at a constant rate of alpha. Find the current induced in the loop, including its direction.
0