I am starting to become really discouraged about driving. What should I do about it?

Hey everyone. So I am 17 years old and I’m going for my G2 in July.(and if you were wondering yes I do practice a lot. Still not a pro but I ain’t too bad) I was driving to my niece’s birthday today and I was really nervous because I was driving in a new part that I haven’t been to already. Everything turned out... show more Hey everyone. So I am 17 years old and I’m going for my G2 in July.(and if you were wondering yes I do practice a lot. Still not a pro but I ain’t too bad) I was driving to my niece’s birthday today and I was really nervous because I was driving in a new part that I haven’t been to already. Everything turned out great at the start, until he started to yell at me and that got me into a bizarre state of anxiety. My turns weren’t the greatest and yet he was screaming at the top of his lungs. He told me to turn left and I didn’t go onto the left lane, he screamed at me for that too. And when I was making a 3 point turn in a street I accidentally hit the curb twice because it was a little bit of a tight street and he yells at me for that too instead of teaching me CALMLY, that next time go into a driveway and back out. Also. If you’re a newbie driver, when you make a mistake it’s not that easy to shake off and you become anxious. And that’s what I was feeling. He was not helping at all. I did gather up the courage to drive home and I did a little better that time, but he still gave me ****. Honestly, sometimes I feel like that my family even forgets that I’m still a newbie. And that I don’t have the same mindset as them whenever I drive.I’m starting to become really discouraged so what should I do? And how do I let go of that anxiety?
0