Why don't people understand that using a credit card, is using someone else's money?

I have a credit card to buy stuff online because they don't take cash. But I hate credit cards. I like having zero debt. I get paid once a month, at the end of the month. Today is the 26th. There's a laptop that I saw today at the store. I liked it. I told my friend that I would buy it as soon as I got... show more I have a credit card to buy stuff online because they don't take cash. But I hate credit cards.

I like having zero debt.

I get paid once a month, at the end of the month.

Today is the 26th. There's a laptop that I saw today at the store. I liked it. I told my friend that I would buy it as soon as I got paid. My friend then gives me a hard time about me being stupid for waiting, and not using my credit card.

I do understand how credit card works. But people don't seem to understand or care about not using other people's money. I like to buy stuff using the money I worked for.