Are Italians White?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Bill-M
    Lv 7
    6 months ago
    Best Answer

Yes, Italians are of the Caucasian race.

• 6 months ago

Yes they are considered white. Same as spanards from spain.

• 6 months ago

Being "white" (i.e. Caucasian) is a physiological characteristic and not defined by skin colour. It is defined by the shape and proportion of the major bones and skull. Italians are white. Though stereotypically "olive skinned" many are blonde and blue eyed.

• steve
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

I think the term for all Mediterranean countries is Olive skinned. They are not quite black but not quite white.

• brother_in_magic
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

Sorry but that's nonsense. Italian DNA is no different than other European DNA. You are probably thinking of Italian Americans who are mutts with lots of other ancestry.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Ann
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

My father in law was from Italy (his mother was from Naples and his father was from Sicily), and he had blue eyes. He certainly considered himself as Caucasian, as a European-American.

• Lili
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Of course. Anyone who thinks otherwise has never been there and knows nothing about the country.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

No, because most of them aren’t into ‘white’ collar crime. Strictly blue collar crime. They don’t believe in ripping off corporations, etc., that can afford to be ripped off, they like to rip off their friends and acquaintances who can’t afford it. My ex-wife is a perfect example. Pure Italian. Stole more than $40k from her own son. ‘Good Italian Catholic’ criminal scumbag

• 6 months ago

Most are. There are also plenty of non-white Italians.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Only the northern ones

• 6 months ago

For a start you cannot define "white" in humans so your question is meaningless. The US Government classifies all Europeans, western Asians and north Africans as "white" so, as Italy is in Europe, Italians are "white" by that classification.

• Jack6 months agoReport

You realize that no one cares about your 'colorblind' answers that you make on every race-related question.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.