EvilFairies asked in HealthMental Health · 6 months ago

How do you break out of a deep depression?

I don't have any serious problems to warrant being sad all the time. I tell my family things that bother me but they are so inconsequential that I was just told to "suck it up". I don't really have friends and I have painful social anxiety that stops me from going out and making any.

I cry myself to sleep every night because of how lonely I feel. Sometimes I cry during the day too, which is embarrassing at work when I can't really give a good reason for crying. This has been happening for a few months and I don't know how to fix it. I don't want to take medication that changes my mood because I'm afraid of becoming addicted.

If you have any experience with this, please share how you dealt with these problems.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

Look, there is a FORM OF DEPRESSION called Major Depression.

This type of depression is a Major Affective Disorder which is genetic and inherited. It causes a biochemical imbalance within your brain that creates a chronic depression that can only be dealt with by taking the necessary antidepressant medications. Go off your medications and your depression comes right back. This is life long and genetic.

If you have been depressed for three to six months straight, you may have this disorder.

Consider it to be like diabetes. Diabetes cannot be "cured" but you can live a long and healthy life if you maintain your health. Just like Major Depression, Diabetes will never go away but you can live well if you take care of your health. this is the same thing; a biochemical imbalance that must be medically managed.

And so you will need to get over your not wanting to take necessary medication.

Remember that the American Medical Association has declared that depression is a DISEASE and like any other disease it responds well to medications and therapies and like any other disease it can be terminal if not treated or under treated. And so you need to see your own medical doctor for a check up and to talk about this.

Also, check into your family history.

I wish you all the best.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

i also have depression

sadly i think the only way out might be suicide

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.