why were the teens of 2014, much smarter and more polite than the teens of 2019?

no overlaps of teens of 2014 compared to 2019

(I'll just downvote 'some teens from 2014 are the same as 2019, just no)

please do your research before answering this question (if you do: you are more likely to get the best answer)

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Roger
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

It's a characteristic of America since its founding to venerate the past over the present. In novels of Fenimore Cooper, set in the 1750's to 1820's, the American forest of 1699 and 1730, was a vast, pristine natural, God-blessed universe. Civilization is seen as corrupting force (as in "Adventures of Huckleberry Finn"). In "The Great Gatsby," the final vision is of an America of vast promise corrupted by the present (1922 in the book). Similarly, most young adult find the cartoons of their youth more amusing and precious than the current cartoons: Inspector Gadget or Sponge Bob is better than whatever is on now.

This is to say that viewers' judgments are skewed by perspective. There is a prejudice for the past. The teens of 2019 are seen in 2019 as less polite and intelligent than the teens of 2014 not because they are, in fact, inferior in those ways but because of the American tendency to romanticize and glorify what is no longer here. The past remains inviolate. It cannot be experienced as it was, and its flaws become buried; but it s judged with contemporary immediacy.

This may be more than an American phenomenon. In the first book of Homer's Odyssey Athena tells Odysseus's son Telemakhos "the son is rare who measure up to his father." The past may hang over us always as an ideal. This idea plays out in large and small ways.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

There were fewer neurotoxic ‘adjuvants’ in school-mandated vaccines crossing their blood/brain barriers compared to 2019.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

The teens of 2014 were taught better than the teens of 2019. Either you are from a similar country to me that with each passing generation, the teens become more stupid (check the school stats) or you were well educated, because it'd be arrogant to say that any us came from the "best" or "smartest" generation. That is too big a title for anyone, or such titles do not exist. My best guess is you had encountered both types of people overtime, and came up with this difference between them eventually. I'll say you are not wrong. The difference is clear. For those who do not believe this just try talking to one of them, you won't get a straight answer. Hope this helped.

• phoebe
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

Smarter? Because they're older.

More polite? Because their rudeness is more likely aimed against you than in agreement with you.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

They were? I hadn't noticed. Don't ask "Why" before you as "If"

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

They weren't .

• Mark
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Pėrhâpś yôu yourself were that age

back then & like many have forgotn

what oldr folk were saying about you

back in Twenty Fourťėėn.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.